11TH SUNDERLAND BEER & CIDER FESTIVAL
The 11th Sunderland Beer and Festival is being held between 3 and 5 October at the Point in the city centre. This will be the third time the festival has been held at this venue.
We have changed the opening times this year and the festival will continue into Saturday evening.
The festival is organised by volunteers from the Sunderland and South Tyneside Branch of CAMRA; the Campaign for Real Ale, the beer drinkers champion which has been described as the most successful consumer pressure group in Europe.
We have put together a range of 30 cask conditioned real ales from around the country. There will be beer from breweries that have not been seen in the city before and a bespoke beer from Sunderland- based Darwin Brewery. Most beer styles; including milds, bitters, stouts, porters, fruit beers and modern pale ales. We will also have 10 real ciders.
We have arranged a number of special events for early Thursday evening
- To mark the twentieth anniversary of the closure of Vaux, there wil be an opportunity to see the film A Passion for Vaux
- A Meet the Brewer session with Maxim Brewery on Thursday evening. And
- Meet the Cider Maker with Harlesden Cider
New for 2019, customers will be able to try 3 different beers in third pints
Saturday is music day with performances throughout the day.
Chair and Beer Festival Organiser, Sunderland and South Tyneside CAMRA
- The festival venue is the Point, Holmeside, Sunderland SR1 3HY: close to Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland station and many local bus services.
- Opening hours are 4pm to 11pm on Thursday and noon to 11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Admission including glass and programme is £3 and £1 for card carrying CAMRA members. To pay for beer or cider, tokens should be bought on entry. Refunds offered on unused tokens.